The internet was flooded with Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding updates last week. It was indeed a fairytale wedding. From the dream destination, beautiful decor to the renaissance inspired Sabyasachi outfits in vintage English colors, I couldn’t stop drooling over.
Last night their wedding reception was held at Delhi and once again the internet could not get enough of their pictures. While scrolling through Instagram, I saw their reception picture and at a first glance, I found something very disturbing. As an Image Consultant and a stylist, I pay attention to the details and find harmony in the appearance through Elements of Design. Hence, I decided to give my opinion about their reception look.
For the reception, Virat wore black textured bandhgala silk kurta and brocade chudidaar. To complete the look, he wore pashmina shawl from Sabyasachi’s Kashmir revival project. Kudos to the stylist and Sabyasachi. It’s a dreamy look for any groom to be.
- The golden buttons and the golden border of the shawl compliment each other.
- The earthy tones in the shawl enhance the black and white contrast.
- The black pocket square of a different texture than the bandhgala, It is a very smart choice for this look as any other color as a pocket square would have created a conflict.
I am a big fan of silk sarees. However, I must say she could have done so much better here to achieve the perfect traditional look.
- In her benarasi saree, red color and golden zari fight for the attention.
- The border of the saree is broad for her figure.
- The size of the motif is perfect for her body. However, they are closely spaced.
- The palloo of the saree is very beautiful.
- The embroidered motif on the blouse catches our eye. Just the border would have done better in the blouse.
- The big chunky uncut diamond choker doesn’t do justice at all. It clashes with the saree.
- Jhumkas with the big choker are too much around her face.
- So many bangles/chooda in gold and red contrast, make her feminine delicate hand look heavier.
- The big ring in her right-hand is repeating the motif of the saree.
Make-up and hair:
- Kohl-rimmed eyes look beautiful on her.
- Nude lips make her face look dull.
- Small red bindi on her forehead is a wise decision.
- Long line of sindoor in the scalp looks dramatic and unusual for the reception look.
- For all her wedding functions she opted for sleek hair bun with middle partition. Here soft curls or a messy hairdo would have looked much better.
Overall this look is dramatic. In the outfit, we couldn’t focus on one thing. As she has worn so many elements, we are rarely able to focus on her face. After seeing her wedding outfit, the expectations were really high for the reception. I feel she looked much better in her engagement saree.
What do you think about their looks? Do let me know.
Hello there! How are you coping with the rain? I love everything about the rain except the aftermath of rain. 😦
What is the perfect clothing for this humid weather? Well, the answer is something which is lightweight, gets dried up soon and is not full length. In this post, I have a solution for the perfect monsoon wear, and it is a Tea Length Dress. Tea Length Dress is whose hemline falls below the knee, mid-calf length.
So here is the Designer Label CHAKRI, which brings to you such amazing Tea Length Dresses. Made of Organic Cotton, these dresses will make your monsoon stylish and hassle free.
Sharing with you 2 outfits from Chakri.
Outfit – 1
I absolutely love the checks in the very light hues of cream Continue reading
Summer is about quirky, stylized and floral prints. Cold shoulder, off-shoulder, and one off-shoulder are again trending this summer. If you have been reading my blogs, you would know that I emphasize so much on layering. I believe that layering can make any outfit versatile if done right.
In this post, I have focused on Situational Styling. So many times it happens that we have many events to attend in a day and we end up wearing the same outfit everywhere. Situational Styling is getting dressed according to the event/occasion you have to go to and sending out the appropriate message through clothes.
Here I have chosen a floral cold shoulder dress and have styled it in 3 different ways for 3 different occasions. This is an example of how you can utilize a printed dress in maximum ways. So next time when you have various events in a day, you can take an inspiration from this post.
Look – 1 (Casual)
Layering is a way of dressing with several pieces worn on top of each other. Layering can be done with shrugs, vests, dusters, jackets, scarfs, dungarees, etc. In this post, I have created 5 different looks for different occasions with the help of the duster. Duster is a long and loose coat without buttons. It is made out of lightweight fabric.
As cold shoulders are trending this season, I decided to style this multicolor cold shoulder duster. While layering a cold shoulder garment, make sure the garment beneath does not have a sleeve.
1. Chic Look
As the word says it all, this look is elegant. Continue reading
However hot the climate is getting, I am eager to see the flowers blossom, to see the earth colorful & vivacious. Nothing is better than expressing joy on this colorful and happy festival of Holi, celebrated with the hues of fabulous colors.
To celebrate this festival, I created 2 looks to highlight the colorful side of clothing.
Outfit – 1
Everybody loves dressing up for this uncommon weather and really, who wouldn’t? Cozying up in sweaters, Continue reading
Winter is all about layering. One thing I like the most about layering is there are no certain rules to be followed. Cardigans can be teamed with pyjamas, shorts, skirts, trousers, denims, etc. Winter cardigans definitely make you look effortlessly chic.
Here, I have styled the basic Grey cardigan with the neutral Continue reading